Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Will Miss You Kitty

My girlfriend's kitty Toonces (named after the Saturday Night Live skit kitty) died at age 19 Tuesday. He was 93 in cat years, but got along remarkably well until about Christmas '07. After a wonderfully long and relatively illness free (if you discount his loss of hearing the last few years) life, he developed lymphoma in his latter months. He died peacefully at home.


He used to raise his head with this startled look (like this smiley) from a slumber since he was mostly deaf and about anything would make him jump up and meow/growl. He was a much beloved character.

We're gonna miss you little guy. Your lunchtime naps on my tummy were often the highlight of my day. Glad you got to go outside and walk around in the sun on Monday and press your nose up in those wild green onions one last time.

1 comment:

Durham Bull Pen said...

Wanted to say again that I'm sorry about Toonces passing away. I know how much you liked the little guy and you talked about him often. Snuggly kitties are the best. My kitty isn't a snuggly kitty either, although she's sweet. 19 years was a good long life for Toonces although I know that doesn't help heal the sadness.

~DBP