Friday, January 18, 2008

Welcoming Rocky to the Band (plus other music news)

Rocky Colavito is Jim McPhail's band mate in Famous on Friday, a popular Raleigh covers band. he's a fine guitarist, singer and multi-instrumentalist. Jim of course, is in Young Neil & the Damage Done with Chad Johnson and me.

More on Rocky here.

Though he shares the same name, Rocky is not the baseball star from the 1950s and 1960s.


Our debut gig with him will be April 18 at Broad St. Cafe.

In other news, for my originals, I decided after some consultations with the band, to drop the name "and the Damage Done" from "Jeff Hart and the Damage Done". We decided it was just too confusing for music fans and club listings. From now on, for my originals it'll just be under my name and I'll post any news on this band's gigs and doings here on this blog and my myspace page. My Neil Young project will continue under the name Young Neil and the Damage Done (see us Valentine's night at Cat's Cradle).

Jeff Hart & The Ruins have been hiatus since August '07 (busy lives, growing families, demanding jobs, family illnesses, etc.). I've noticed they are still playing out a bit with their own self contained band (a covers band they have without me) Full Moon Pie at some of my old haunts like Flipside, so do go support them, they're a lot of fun to see. I'll be adding some of the material I wrote, recorded and performed with the Ruins (as well as my former band Brown Mountain Lights) with this new band.

No comments: